How to make Cupcakes at Home during Quarantine?
Let’s start with something easy and basic – Vanilla cupcakes. They are not only super simple to make but can be decorated in whichever way you want. So let’s get started!
What Do You Need?
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¾ cup of buttermilk
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- ¼ melted or softened salted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
What To Do?
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees F.
- Take a large bowl and mix the butter, vegetable oil, and sugar nicely together until they are light and fluffy. Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract and beat them until they are smooth and properly mixed.
- Now add flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix. Make sure that there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Take a muffin tin and line it with cupcake liners. Fill each liner half full. (Do not fill them till the top or they will overflow in the oven)
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 14 to 18 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, it’s done!
- ¾ cup of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons of milk
What To Do?
For Extra Fluffy Cupcakes
Filling the Cupcakes from the Inside
Tip: If you don’t have a filling, you can fill your cupcakes with the prepared frosting.